Thursday, June 16, 2011

My Fabulous Friday Morning

Last Friday morning, I was fortunate enough to be in Boston and continue working on my documentary by visiting the Warren Anatomical Museum.  Here's a brief timeline...

8:00:
Hopped on the “T” to head to the Harvard Medical School Campus.
9:30:
Met Dominic Hall, curator of the Warren Anatomical Museum; was given a tour of the building.
10:00:
Watched Mr. Hall and his assistants move Gage’s skull, tamping rod, and life cast into a room where I could film them (all the while in awe of the fact that they were willing to move such precious artifacts for me).
10:30:
Snapped TONS of pictures of the artifacts and filmed them as well.
11:00:
Interviewed Mr. Hall about Gage and Gage’s relationship to the museum.  Mr. Hall had fantastic answers to the questions I had brought with me from my students!  I’m excited to being editing my documentary later this summer.
12:00:
Left the Warren Anatomical Museum with a smile on my face!

During my other days in Boston,  I walked the Freedom Trail, took a Duck Tour around Boston with some friends (I would definitely recommend it!), and visited plenty of restaurants and markets.  The city is vibrant and friendly. The Boston Bruins were in the middle of their Stanley Cup run so different monumental figures, like Paul Revere, donned a Bruins jersey while I was there.  The weather was colder than I expected (in the 50’s and 60’s) and it rained all day on Saturday. However, the mix of the weather, the Bruins spirit, my amazing Gage morning, and some great friends all contributed to a phenomenal five days for me in Boston.   I head to Chile early next week; I am not sure how frequently I will  be on a computer, but I will definitely post about South America when I get a chance.  I leave with you some "action" shots from Friday morning.  Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment