Monday, June 20, 2011

False Start

I was not supposed to post on my blog tonight.  I was supposed to be on a plane to Santiago, Chile.  I was supposed to wake up tomorrow morning to sound of the pilot announcing our arrival into the Santiago International Airport.  My evening consisted of a false start, though. My friend and I were scheduled to fly to Atlanta and from Atlanta to Santiago, Chile.  Our  flight to Atlanta was so delayed tonight, though, that there was no way we would ever catch our flight to Santiago.  So, instead of spending 24 hours in Atlanta waiting for the next flight to Santiago (since the next flight to Santiago was not until 10PM tomorrow night), we called our airline, asked if we could fly out tomorrow, and they rebooked us.  So, after all the packing and saying goodbye (and more packing), I'm still in Indiana.  False start tonight--real trip tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, that sucks! Glad you were able to rebook though, rather than hang out in airport. Good luck with round two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck leaving tonight! All of that stupid rain!!!!

    ReplyDelete